Our little space has landed in Calderwood Valley, but what is a Sprout Hub? (Hint: more than just a café!)
A Sprout Hub is ‘a little place for a little while’, creating a temporary community space for 3-5 years at the early stages of new developments.
While on the outside it looks like a regular old café - and we do serve damn fine coffee & snacks thanks to local espresso legends Bean Roasted- we also have a multi-use event and activity space, digital engagement portal with local events, business and community listings, a community grant called the Seedling Fund, and more.
We are a place that gives back to the local community. 10c in every dollar spent at Bean Roasted plus all space hire fees get donated to the Seedling Fund to support local groups and clubs to do great things in Calderwood Valley. These $’s get given out each year and the community votes for which activity they think the community most needs.
The first Sprout Hub project launched in Alkimos Beach (Western Australia) in June 2014. The facility opened its doors when only 6 residents lived in the Alkimos Beach community, twelve months later we’d had 10,000+ people visit, and raised 10K+ for the local Seedling Fund.
How can you get involved?
- SAY HI, ,Bean RoastedEspresso Bar is open Thursday to Sunday 7 am to 3 pm.
- USE THE HUB’S SPACE for events, workshops, your local book club or yoga class, and more.
- COWORK and have your meetings with us. It’s free (and we have great wifi!)
- JUMP ON OUR PORTAL at calderwood.sprouthub.com.au to list your local business, club or community association, post local news or advertise your next event. You can post anything you think the community might be interested in.
- Apply, vote, donate to or become a Committee Member for the SEEDLING FUND, stay tuned to our social media for round dates.
- CONNECT, sign up to our e-new at calderwood.sprouthub.com.au, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Want to get in touch or just say hi? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org